22 Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday Evenings, 6.30pm to 9.15pm, October to May
3 Saturdays, 9.30am - 4.30pm
The programme will be delivered through Live Virtual (Zoom) Learning Sessions
Places Available: 21
€1990 - (€975 due with Registration Form by June 8 and €975 due on January 2023)
Leadership Coaching Programme Schedule 2022/23
Module 1: Leadership coaching in schools – Coaching Principles and Ethics
Module 2: Developing the School Leader Coaching Mindset and Skills
Module 3: Applying the coaching skills and professional reflective practice
Module 4: Coaching Models of Practice for the School Context
Module 5: Coaching and the ISM Team
Coaching is becoming increasingly important in organisations across many sectors. Whether you are seeking to introduce a coaching culture to your school or striving to unlock the potential of your staff, this programme will equip you with the effective coaching techniques and skills to succeed. You will enjoy a powerful and practical learning experience.
In our world of increased demands and expectations of school leadership roles we often experience pressure, leading to:
It’s amazing how quickly these responses become the norm and we just accept this as a way of life.
We are offering a practical, skills based programme to equip you with some of the key skills necessary for effective leadership in your school environment and to support and resource your CPD in a real, practical and relevant way.
The Leadership Coaching programme content and skills respond in a relevant and practical way to the guidelines prescribed in the four domains of the Quality Framework for Leadership and Management from the Department of Education and Skills (2016) publication, Looking at our School.
On this Coaching Skills Programme you will:
• Discover new ideas in learning and behavioural change based on recent neuroscience research, indicating the value of coaching for leaders.
• Examine cases and situations where coaching would be most useful in your school
• Determine how to blend managing with coaching for the most beneficial results.
• Develop your self awareness, presence, and resourcefulness as a school leader coach
• Achieve a high level of self regulation, empathy and compassion
• Learn models of coaching most useful for developing people’s thinking as well as solving problems and facilitating change and development
• Practice using coaching in a variety of leadership situations e.g. with staff, parents and students
• Engage in constructive conversations
• Listen with intent and communicate more effectively
• Use powerful questions to influence thinking
• Make requests and acknowledge achievements and best practice
• Delegate with ease and confidence
• Design action plans
• Establish agreements and commitments
• Monitor and facilitate progress through validation, support, encouragement and sharing constructive feedback
• Manage your emotional state to respond effectively to everyday challenges and uncertainty
• Explore the concepts of ethical and professional practice as a leader coach and appreciate the importance of reflective practice
• Build confidence and appreciation of your own leadership coaching style through repeated practise and constructive feedback from our learning facilitators and fellow participants.
• Become more resilience and agile in your school leadership role
Training and Learning Methodologies:
The course is interactive, combining a balance between coaching theory and practice. Participants will be encouraged to learn by doing and to continuously reflect on new learning experiences. Continuous reflective practice will enable coaching perspectives and skills to be firmly embedded in the school environment.
The programme facilitates experiential learning, giving participants opportunities to practice new skills and discuss how to integrate the skills into the scenarios they regularly face in the school environment.
A wide and varied range of blended training / learning methodologies will be used, e.g. live online coaching demonstrations, discussion groups, peer coaching practice sessions, observed coaching sessions with constructive feedback and online learning and e-Learning.
We firmly believe that one of the most important dimensions of the coach training process is the continuous personal and professional development and transformation of the course participant. Therefore, we encourage and support participants to:
- Become more self aware and Practice non-attachment
- Make more conscious choices daily
- Develop a positive mental attitude about self, others, life and work
- Live with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Be more centred, resilient, flexible and agile
a) Peer coaching practice
b) Coaching skills practice in the school environment
c) Reflective essays
d) Coaching Skills Demonstraion
e) Reflective Journal