INCLUDING CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES IN SCHOOL SPORTS, PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY SESSIONS
INFORMATION EVENING WITH CARA ADAPTED PHYSICAL ACTIVITY CENTRE
DATE: Tuesday, 23rd of September
VENUE: The Education Centre, Tralee
TIME: 7:00 – 8:30pm
Teachers Learning Outcomes of our Disability Inclusion Training Course include the following:
- Have a heightened awareness and improved understanding of why to include children in physical education settings based on their abilities rather than focusing on their disabilities.
- Be able to create an inclusive environment by their accepting attitudes and actions – your willingness to try goes a long way.
- Acquire information and practical strategies on how to better include children with disabilities in physical education settings.
- Identify the strengths and problem solve the barriers to inclusion.
- Be able to implement the TREE principle for inclusion.
- Collect tools, strategies, and creative adaptation ideas.
- Have increased confidence to take the leadership role in inclusive physical education settings.
- Expand your awareness of resources that can support inclusion.
- Become part of a network for sharing, support and ongoing learning.