Notice for Primary NQTs undertaking Droichead as a route to Induction
The Education Centre Tralee - News Pages
Please see information on upcoming Post Primary Droichead Cluster 1 meeting 28th September 2017 at 5.00p.m.
Cluster 1 will be repeated again on Monday 27th November in The Education Centre at 5.00p.m.
A forum entitled ‘Towards Distinction in the Integration of ICT into Teaching & Learning’ will take place on Tuesday 19th of September at 5pm in the Education Centre, Tralee and the second forum is scheduled to take place in the Inishfallen Suite, at the Gleneagle Hotel Meeting Rooms, Lough Leine Business Centre on Wednesday 20th September 2017 from 5pm to 7pm. Please see the attached media release for more details.
Important Information for NQTs regarding their registration requirements
for the Teaching Council.
● An NIPT Workshop is a requirement for NQTs in schools who are
completing Probation (Primary) or PQE (Post Primary).
● Workshops are not a requirement for NQTs engaging in the
● However, NQTs participating in Droichead can count this workshop
as an Additional Professional Learning Activity , with the agreement
of their Professional Support Team in school.
● If you are teaching in a school with 24 or more classroom teachers
(Primary), or more than 700 pupils (Post-primary) or in a SEN
Setting, your only route of Induction is via the Droichead process.
More Articles ...
- Thomas Ashe to be remembered in Tralee on the Centenary of his Death
- Active School Flag Presentation 2nd October 2017
- Newly Qualified Teachers Workshops Commencing September 2017
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR FULL-TIME POSITIONS IN THE ARTS COUNCIL AS PART OF THE CREATIVE SCHOOLS INITIATIVE IN THE SCHOOL YEAR 2017/18